MyRate Checking is a high-yield checking account that rewards you with a high interest rate and ATM-fee refunds each month for using simple bank services. Even if you don’t meet the reward requirements during any given calendar month, there are still no monthly fees and you’ll earn interest at 0.10% APY.
|Balance Tier||Interest Rate||APY|
|* If requirements are met the APY (Annual Percentage Yield) for the entire balance in the tier will be:|
|†Depending on the balance in the account. This is a blended APY—including the balance in both tiers, each earning a different rate. Higher balances produce lower APYs.|
|If requirements are not met the APY for the entire balance will be:|
|The rate may change after the account is opened.|
1. Open your MyRate Checking account at any of our People's Town & Country Bank locations. Minimum opening deposit is $100.
2. Sign up for eStatements through online banking and log in to online banking at least once every 180 days.
3. Process one ACH transaction each calendar month. At least one direct deposit (e.g., payroll) or ACH payment (e.g., utilities) must post and clear through your checking account by the last business day of the calendar month.
4. Complete at least 12 debit card transactions each calendar month that are at least $3.00 each. Use your People's Town & Country Bank debit card to make at least 12 point-of-sale transactions that post and clear by the last business day of the calendar month (ATM withdrawals excluded).
* Based on a survey of Utah banks and credit unions offering rewards checking accounts on May 29, 2013.
† Annual Percentage Yield rate effective 8/11/2016. The MyRate Checking account requires an opening balance of $100. To obtain the higher APY and the ATM-fee refunds, reward requirements must be met. Rates are tiered and interest earned will vary based on daily balances (View rates). Fees may reduce earnings on the account. The rate may change after the account is opened.
‡ In order to qualify for the highest level of interest on the MyRate Checking account and the ATM-fee refunds, the 12 required POS transactions and the ACH transaction must post and clear to your account by the last business day of the calendar month. Please note that it may take several days for a debit card transaction to post to your account.
VISA®, the name VISA, and VISA (stylized) are federally registered Trademarks of Visa.